Institute for Banking Personnel Selection conducts a national-level exam for recruiting Bank Clerks for nationalized banks. Candidates will be selected through an online Common Written Examination (CWE). It is a two-tier examination that consists of an online Preliminary Exam and an Online Main exam. Candidates who qualify for the Preliminary exam are eligible for appearing in the Main exam. A cut-off for qualifying the eligible candidates in the Preliminary exam and Mains exam will be released after the examination.
|Age limit||The candidates belonging to the age group of 20-28 years,
can apply for IBPS Clerk The reserved category students will have
age relaxation for applying for the exam.
|Educational qualification||The candidates must complete their graduation in any subject.|
IBPS Clerk 2022 Eligibility- Educational Qualification
- IBPS Clerk Degree Eligibility: To pass IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria, a candidate must possess a degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a Government of India recognized college/ university. Candidates having any equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Central Government are also eligible to apply.
- Other Requirements: Computer Literacy is important. Candidates should possess operating as well as working knowledge of the Computer System. For this, candidates should have followed – a. Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate in Computer Operations/ Language: Should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/ Institute/ College.
- Proficiency in Local Language: Candidates must be proficient in the language of the state to which they apply. This refers to candidates must know how to read, write and speak the official language of the state of union territory from which they are applying.
- In cases where the college/ university offers CGPA or OGPA, candidates need to convert the same into the percentage, up to 2 places of decimal, and fill it in the application form.
- The selected candidates must produce a certificate, mentioning the university norms for the grade to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks that the student has secured, and it must be signed by an appropriate authority.
- For candidates from colleges/ universities where a web certificate is released or the result is published online, the candidates must produce a relevant document, signed by the appropriate authority, in original, with clear mention of the candidate’s date of passing.
- The candidate must indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be ca be converted into percentages and indicated in the online application. The candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Ex-servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated. Ex-servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Eligibility- Age Limit
Age is another factor that affects the eligibility of a candidate.
To apply for IBPS Clerk Exam, the candidate must be at least 20 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years.
Relaxation for Upper Age limit
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disability||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in the
Defense forces + 3 years
(8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Persons affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC / ST / OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above.
- The maximum age limit specified applies to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original / copies at the time of joining and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS / Participating Organization(s).
- The following rules apply to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central government would apply to Ex-Servicemen candidates appearing for the examination:
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ /’D’ under the Central Government.
- Such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- Candidates who are still in the armed forces and desirous of applying under the Ex-Servicemen category whose date of completion of a specific period of engagement (SPE) is completed one year from the last date for receipt of online application i.e., on or before January 2022 are eligible to apply.